Cars and Ribbons

Monday, February 3, 2014

Valentine's Boa Tree

I loved my feather boa wreath so much, I decided to make a Valentine's "tree" using the same materials.  It was even easier to make than the wreath!

Here's what you will need:
  • Styrofoam cone (40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby)
  • Feather boa (40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby)
  • Ribbon (50% off at Hobby Lobby)
  • Heart pick ($1 for 9 picks at Dollar Tree)


Hot glue the ribbon around the cone.  I did this because my feather boa will be spaced around the cone and I did not want the styrofoam showing through.  Also, you'll notice the top of the ribbon is sticking out.  It won't show once you add the boa.


Next, wrap your boa around the tree.  I added some hot glue in various places.  I just did a spiral wrap around the cone and cut off the extra boa at the top.


Finally, I just stuck a heart pick right down the center at the top of the cone.


All done!!!  I think it took me 15 minutes max to make this.


It looks great on my buffet with my other pink decor (I made those 2 heart dishes when I was in elementary school!).  The best part was when my husband asked where I bought the tree.  He was completely surprised when I told him I was making it while talking to him on the phone during his commute home.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving me your awesome feedback! Blessings!!!