Cars and Ribbons

Friday, July 20, 2012

Craft Room Confessionals: Painted Walls

So I have a confession.  I have had a creative block for awhile when it comes to crafts.  If you've noticed on my blog, there's a lot more recipes than there are crafts.  I have a large kitchen and I love it! It's painted, organized (working on the pantry now), and I enjoy cooking yummy meals about 5x a week for my family.  

My craft room/office space is the complete opposite.  It's a spare bedroom situated between my son and daughter's rooms (I figured when they are teenagers, they will like the space apart).  It still has the builder's grade boring paint color and have not added any decorations.  So, who would be creative in this blah of a space? Not me!

Today, my wonderful hubby painted my craft room/office space and I can finally be creative again! Yay!  Here are pictures of the 4 boring walls.  We scootched (that's my new word-spread it around) the  heavy desk and my huge craft table to the middle of the room and moved everything else out into our library nook.





The edges are painted.


And done.  It's hard to tell, but the walls are gray.  Amazon Stone 790F-5 by Behr to be exact!  I am going to do the decor black, white, and red.  There will be a theme, but that's a secret for now.  I'm not a big color girl.  I love neutrals and a very minimalist color palette.  Some say that's boring, I say that's just me.



I love the room already and there's so much to do.  I'll keep you updated with many more 'Craft Room Confessionals'.

Confessing at these fabulous parties:
Debbiedoo's Newbie Party, Sisters of the Wild West, Simply Klassic Home, The Better Mom, Skip To My Lou, Home Stories A to Z, Crafty Texas Girls, Growing Home Blog, Elizabeth & Co, Uncommon Designs Online, Kristen's Creations, At The Picket Fence, Home Sanctuary, Mom 4 Real, Simple Home Life, The Grant Life

9 comments:

  1. Nothing like a fresh start. Your room is looking great! You'll be creating in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just painted my dining room grey. . .I was going for a lighter grey but my girlfriends told me to go darker. . .so I did. . .the color is called "wet cement" and is aptly named :) I think it will grow on me. . .will depend how I accessorize I guess. The important thing is my husband likes it. . .it's so *different* then anything else I've done so we'll see what it looks like when it's all put back together. I like the idea of adding red into your color palette. . .I'll have to think about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved the color grey and I find so many other colors that pair well with it. Good luck with your room!

      Delete
  3. What a pretty rich color! You're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For one, the person who is teaching you is a master of the
    language. Write this on the board every day for the first two weeks: ' I am ' You are ' He is ' She is
    ' It is ' We are ' They are. Finally, parents teaching the language at home should take advantage of the easy access to English materials available around the world.

    Here is my page: http://www.binova-it.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Experienсe Pгefer Online Games for yоuг
    footling girls: Take. Completely cyphег at ѕurrounding it and the dumfoundіng hiѕtrion reѕponse could
    Ӏndorse uр thіs clаim.

    Αlsο visit mу web page; game

    ReplyDelete
  6. For example, if you're looking to study Business English, make sure the school you choose has a good reputation for business studies and isn't just a general English language school.

    Write this on the board every day for the first two weeks:
    ' I am ' You are ' He is ' She is ' It is ' We are ' They are. It appears, at least for now, that that language is English.

    My web blog hoc tieng anh

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for giving me your awesome feedback! Blessings!!!