Cars and Ribbons

Monday, August 20, 2012

Shine Your Light Candle Gift

My son was recently promoted at church and now attends the elementary Sunday School classes and Service.  However, I am so sad to see him leave the Preschool area, where he's been since he was 6 weeks old!  There are some special teachers that have taught him just about all of his life, so we wanted to give them a thank you gift.

I saw this very cute idea on Pinterest and decided to make our own version.








I went to the dollar store and found some cute candle jars and nicely scented candles.  I cleaned the jars with some glass cleaner to get rid of all the smudges.  I unwrapped the candles and just left on the top plastic cover.


I made some cute labels to stick to the jars with double-sided tape.  It says 'Thank you for shining your light into my life. -Matthew 5:14'.  Here is a simple version you can download or edit as you choose.


I also trimmed the edges with some special craft scissors.


I tied some twine around the bottom for a little extra touch.


It's a very simple thank you gift that is perfect for a special teacher.


Sharing this candle at these fab parties: 
Debbiedoo's Blogging and Blabbing, The Better Mom, Skip To My Lou, Home Stories A to Z, Crafty Texas Girls, Growing Home Blog, Elizabeth & Co., Uncommon Designs Online, Kristen's Creations, At The Picket Fence, Simple Home Life, Great Fun 4 Kids Blog

15 comments:

  1. These are so adorable! What a great idea. Stopping by from the Newbie Party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific idea! I have taught Sunday School for over 20 years and would love to receive such a precious gift and would love to give them even more! Thanks for the idea. Joining your blog from the Newbie Party. Hope you have time to stop by my blog and sit a spell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Love candles so this would be a perfect gift idea. I'm a new follower and look forward to more of your creativity.

    Stop by and say hi when you can!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do they have to grow up?! But you win mom of the year for the world's best gift!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your collection will make a great use for Send gifts to Pakistan to my father.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! I think this idea is just so cute! I tried to download the file though, and it says it may have been trashed and is asking me to sign in to save the file. Would you be able to send the file to me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I am trying to download the file, but I noticed it doesn't have the scripture verse. Do you mind emailing? Keyonda Noel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for giving me your awesome feedback! Blessings!!!