Cars and Ribbons

Monday, July 2, 2012

Avocado Chicken Salad

I love a good chicken salad. I'm not fond of the kind with nuts and grapes, but I'm always looking for different varieties. I came across a recipe for Avocado Chicken Salad and wanted to try it. I decided to just experiment with my own recipe and it turned out very tasty!

First, boil 1 lb. of chicken and cut into pieces or shred.  It depends on how chunky you like your chicken salad.


I sprinkled plenty of salt, pepper, and garlic powder over the chicken.


Dice up a desired amount of red onion.


Pick out a ripened avocado...


...cut in half and then slice diagonally to make squares.  This makes it easier to scoop out.


Add the onion and avocado to the chicken with desired amount of sour cream.  It depends on how creamy you want it.


Mix everything together until the avocado is nice and mashed.  You can always mash the avocado separately and then add to the chicken.

Finally, serve in rolls, toast, or over crackers!


Chicken salad is not an exact recipe.  There's no right or wrong way to it.  Add or take away ingredients to fit your own tastes.

Avocado Chicken Salad
1 lb. chicken, cooked and diced or shredded
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1 ripened avocado, diced
1/2 cup sour cream
salt, pepper, and garlic powder
Rolls

Mix everything together until avocado is completely mashed.  Season to taste.  Serve on rolls.



Linking up here:
The Better Mom
Skip To My Lou
Debbiedoo's
Pin The Tail On The Bloggy
Home Sanctuary
Kristen's Creations

13 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! Chicken = Good! Avocado = Good! Onions = Good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you via Skip to My Lou link party. This looks totally good!!!

    Melanie
    Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts
    www.bearrabbitbear.com
    It's Christmas in July @ Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts! This week, enter to win a Crafter's Prize Pack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog. I'll be sure to check out yours too!

      Delete
  3. I love a variety of chicken salads - my daughter loves avocados so this is going into my Recipe File :)
    thanks for sharing it.
    Found you thru Debbiedoos
    JoAnn
    sweetpepperrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it!!! Thanks for checking out my blog. I'll be sure to check out yours too!

      Delete
  4. I have to try this!! Chicken salad is my favorite. I can tell just by reading your bio we have a lot in common. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! I became a follower of your blog. Love the name!

      Delete
  5. Sounds yummy! LOVE avocado. And it's healthy to boot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you give it a try sometime.

      Delete
  6. Hi, came across your recipe for Debbie's Linky party! This looks delicious, I love chicken salad and I'm looking forward to trying your recipe. I'm going to pin your recipe and I'm now your newest follower!

    Have a wonderful day!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's genuinely very difficult in this busy life to listen news on Television, therefore I simply use world wide web for that reason, and take the most up-to-date information.

    My website: ray ban outlet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for giving me your awesome feedback! Blessings!!!