Cars and Ribbons

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hot Chocolate Cookies

At our recent Children's Fine Arts event, Kaitlyn entered the Baking Category, just like Preston. My mom had told us about a recipe for Hot Chocolate Cookies from Baked Bree and let us sample them when we saw her during Spring Break. It was something different and easy and was the perfect creation for Fine Arts.
Kaitlyn got to work gathering the ingredients and even used a hand mixer.





The ingredients formed a very thick dough. Doesn't it look so scrumptious already?


I lined a cookie sheet with parchment paper and Kaitlyn formed cookie dough balls.


They turned out so well. I know you're drooling just by looking at this picture!


I guess the judges loved them too because this was all that was left. Kaitlyn received a Superior rating and a medal. Another job well done!





Hot Chocolate Cookies


2 sticks of butter, room temp


1 cup sugar


2/3 cup brown sugar


2 eggs


1 tsp. vanilla


3 1/4 cups flour


4 pkg. hot chocolate mix


1 tsp. salt


1 1/4 tsp. baking soda


1 cup mini chocolate chips


1 cup mini marshmallows




Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream both sugars and butter until light and fluffy. In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, except chocolate chips and marshmallows. Mix eggs and vanilla into the sugar/butter batter. Slowly add in dry ingredients. Do this in small amounts because this is when the batter starts to get very thick. Stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows. Form balls to desired size. Bake 9-11 minutes. Let cool.

4 comments:

  1. I noticed no one has commented on these cookies. I found this recipe through pinterest and made them tonight. The dough got a bit dry and I hadn't even added all of the dry. I ended up adding a bit of water. They turned out greate though and the hubby loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. About how many cookies does this recipe make? Sounds like the perfect idea for a cookie exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made these cookies with the modification of adding 2 tablespoons of milk since a previous comment stated that the dough was dry. They are absolutely fantastic! My grandchildren asked for hot cocoa. I informed them that we could have the hot cocoa in cookie form, needless to say they were thrilled. I will definitely be making these again! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for giving me your awesome feedback! Blessings!!!