Cars and Ribbons

Friday, April 27, 2012

PW's Corn and Cheese Chowder Shortcuts

On my Cars and Ribbons Facebook page, I recently posted a link to Pioneer Woman's Corn and Cheese Chowder.  Here are a couple shortcuts to make this delicious dish that will lessen the time in the kitchen and leave more time to enjoy it!

The original recipe calls for 5 ears of corn with the kernels cut off and 3 whole bell peppers.  So, I bought 3 cans of corn with red and green bell peppers.  So much easier that cutting off all those kernels!

Since I love the flavor of bell peppers, I wanted to add more than just what was in the cans.  In the freezer section of the grocery store, you can easily find a bag of 3 pepper and onion blend.

I poured half the bag in a bowl and stuck it in the microwave for about 20 seconds.  Then, I poured the peppers and onions in my handy dandy food chopper and "chopped" them.

The recipe also calls for 3 pieces of bacon, cut into pieces.  I headed to the condiment aisle at the store and picked up a bag of real bacon bits.  No extra cutting needed.

I followed the directions as written on the recipe, but used these shortcuts.  It saves time in the kitchen, but still tastes sooooo good!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving me your awesome feedback! Blessings!!!