Cars and Ribbons

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bell's Meatballs

There was an event at church recently when I first tasted these meatballs.  They were soooo tasty and I heard lots of people talking about how great they were.  Thankfully, our church events are catered by a wonderful couple in our congregation, Dan and Angela Bell.  I immediately asked for the recipe and she said I could share it with you.  I made a few changes from the original recipe so this is my version.  I'll also post the original version at the end.

Mix together 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 cup of water, a 12 oz. jar of chili sauce, and 1 can of whole berry cranberry.



Pour into a slow cooker.

Open a bag of frozen meatballs and mix it into the sauce.

Cook on high 4-5 hours.

I served the meatballs over steamed rice and parmesan green beans.

Bell's Meatballs (original recipe)

1 pkg of homestyle meatballs
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. water
1 - 12 oz. bottle Heinz chili sauce
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
1/2 can sauerkraut (it calls for a whole can, but I'm thinking about cutting back on it some)

Cook the meatballs about 15-20 minutes to brown up some at package directions.
Simmer the next 5 items on a lot heat about 20 minutes.
Pour over meatballs and cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Cars and Ribbons variation:  Mix everything (I didn't use sauerkraut) but the meatballs and pour into a slow cooker.  Add in the meatballs.  Cook on high for 4 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving me your awesome feedback! Blessings!!!