Cars and Ribbons

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Spaghetti Sauce



I've been looking for a good homemade spaghetti sauce. It's probably my family's favorite meal. So, I turned to my favorite cook, Pioneer Woman, and tried her recipe. It's tasty, delicious, and of course, very easy to make. I didn't make the meatballs, just the sauce, but you do what suits your family.



Saute one diced onion and 3 cloves of minced garlic in just a little bit of olive oil in a dutch oven.



Pour in one 28 oz. can of whole tomatoes and one 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes. Add 1 tsp. of sugar. Then for flavor, add salt, pepper, parsley, and italian seasoning to taste. Mix well. Cook for about 20 minutes over medium heat.


Pour sauce over cooked spaghetti. Voila!!!



1 diced onion


3 cloves of garlic, minced


olive oil


28 oz. whole tomatoes


28 oz. crushed tomatoes


1 tsp. sugar


Salt, pepper, parsley, italian seasoning to taste


Saute onion and garlic in olive oil in a dutch oven. Add both cans of tomatoes and sugar. Add seasonings to taste and mix well. Cook at medium heat for 20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving me your awesome feedback! Blessings!!!