Cars and Ribbons

Friday, March 2, 2012

Pop's Taco Soup

Pop is not my grandpa, but he is someone's grandpa. He and his wife (affectionately called Nan) let everyone call them by their nicknames, whether you are related or not. I work with Nan and she brought this taco soup for a spread that we had one time at work. After trying it, I immediately asked for the recipe. She told me that Pop is the one that makes it, but it's so easy to make. She was right. This is the best soup I've had and you pretty much just dump everything together.

Here are the ingredients:

Chop a bell pepper and onion and brown it with 1 lb. of ground beef. I do this in a skillet and then transfer to a dutch oven. Or you can just do everything in the dutch oven.

Add 1 packet of taco seasoning and 1/2 packet of dry ranch mix to the meat. Mix well.

Now, you're going to dump the rest of ingredients: 1 can of rotel, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 can of corn, and 1 can of pinto beans. Do not drain any of the cans. Stir together. Add salt and pepper if needed. Cook for 15-20 minutes.

It is ready to serve.

Add your favorite toppings to the soup: shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado slices, tortilla strips, cilantro, etc.

This makes plenty for my family of 4 with a little leftover. You can easily double the recipe if you're making it for a bunch of people. It can also be made in a slow cooker. It is the greatest soup ever and you won't be disappointed. There is a little kick to it, but it is delicious!

1 comment:

  1. One of our favorites! But, I only make it in the winter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for giving me your awesome feedback! Blessings!!!