Cars and Ribbons

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Date of the Month Club

My hubby and I recently celebrated 14 years of wedded bliss.  I always like to give him sentimental gifts (and he actually likes to receive them, too), but I had no clue as to what to do for this year.  So, I turned to handy dandy Pinterest to find something that shouts "LOVE AND ROMANCE"!

Never to fail me, Pinterest led me to this great idea called Date of the Month Club!  I used some of the ideas from that blog, but also came up with my own.  I picked 12 fun date ideas that I knew we would both enjoy doing.  I made the dates flexible for each month, since we always have such crazy schedules.  As long as we can have a date each month, I will be happy.

I purchased a colorful binder from Target and used sheet protectors from my own stash.


I added a cover page at the beginning of the binder that states:

Congratulations!
You've been enrolled in the exclusive
Date of the Month Club
...for a year's worth of romance and fun!
As an Honored Member you will receive:
-Creative and fun dates for each month of the year
-A babysitter to watch the kids, if needed
-Quality time with your best friend
-Wonderful memories to be made
By enrolling before January 1, 2014, you are eligible to receive surprise 
bonus dates throughout the year!
Dates are flexible but must be redeemed within that calendar month.
The value of this package is priceless!


I used clip art, fun fonts, pictures, and stickers to attach to scrapbook paper that I already had.  I tried to make each month as unique as possible.  I can also insert ticket stubs and other memorable items into the sleeves.  Plus, the binder is big enough to add many more months to it.




Some dates are a little more expensive than others and some are free!  With the busyness of lives nowadays, if dates aren't planned in advance, they simply won't happen.

It's not too late to start your own Date of the Month Club.  Make it your own to fit your schedule, lifestyle, and personality.

Here's to love in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving me your awesome feedback! Blessings!!!