Cars and Ribbons

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Craft Room Confessionals: Scrapbook Cart

I love my Cricut machine and wanted a special place for it in my craft room.  I also wanted to keep all my paper organized and sorted by color.  My husband said he could build me a cart...out of old display shelves from his grocery store!  He brought them home months ago, but we weren't quite sure what to do with them.  But once we figured it out, it only took him a couple hours to get it done.


The shelves were black, which matched perfectly.  Each shelf had one side with a metal trim.  That just made it look even better.


These were the only supplies needed:  L-brackets, screws, and casters so I could move the cart around.


My husband lined up the shelves and screwed in the corners.


The edges were unfinished so we used a small can of Rust-Oleum Protective Enamel in black.


My 8 year old daughter helped touch up the edges.


Finished!  It looked great.  After a quick wipe down, it was ready for my craft room.


I love my Scrapbook Cart!  Thanks hubby!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving me your awesome feedback! Blessings!!!