Cars and Ribbons

Friday, August 24, 2012

Back to School Ideas

So the first day of school is coming and you have tons to do...shopping for clothes, shopping for school supplies, special First Day of School dinner, Teacher Gifts, etc.  Where to begin?  Well, take a deep breath and handle one thing at a time.  Here are some tips to help you get things done.

School Clothes-I only buy a couple outfits for my kids at the beginning of the school year.  They still have some outfits we bought earlier in the summer that will fit.  When the temps start to cool down, then we'll go buy their fall clothes.  But there are some cute, easy to find outfits that are in style right now for kids.


Source: zara.com via Karlee on Pinterest






School Supplies-This can be a chore in itself.  We bought school supplies weeks ago before there was a mob at the store.  We found our supplies at either Target or Office Depot.  You can also order packs through most schools or already bundled at the grocery store.  These packs are a little more costly but eliminate lots of stress.



First Day of School Dinner (or breakfast or lunch or snack)-I always let my kids pick whatever they want for dinner.  It's their special day.  In fact, I have a special after school snack ready and then later we have dinner.  I have something great planned for this year. Here's a look at what we did last year.  Here are some other ideas:





Teacher Gifts-There are soooo many cute ideas for Teacher Gifts. I don't remember this always being so popular, but I see it a lot now. I think the teacher always enjoys getting gifts and it probably makes their day really special as well.






These are just a few ideas to help you make the start of school a little smoother. The internet has lots of great info too. Hope everyone has a great First Day of School!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving me your awesome feedback! Blessings!!!