Cars and Ribbons

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Diaper Wreath

I recently threw my niece a baby shower. For one of the decorations, that also doubled as a gift, I made a diaper wreath. It hung very nicely on the front door to welcome all the guests.

Start with a foam wreath. I used a foam tube and taped the ends together. You can find how to make it here.

You'll also need a package of clear rubber bands...

...and diapers. I believe the wreath I made had about 16 diapers. I like to buy diapers in a size 1 or 2. I never buy newborn. I was expecting my 2nd child, my son, to be about 7 lbs. when he was born. He ended up being almost 9 lbs!!! He also couldn't fit into any newborn diapers. So, just in case the same thing happens to other new moms, I never give newborn diapers.

First, stick a diaper around the wreath.

Secure the diaper with a clear rubber band.

Continue to place diapers all the way around the wreath.

Tie a ribbon over the clear rubber band. I like to use ribbon that coordinates with the nursery or baby shower theme.

Repeat the above steps with a second layer of diapers. You can make the wreath look as full as you like.

Finally, I like to tie the baby's initial to the center. You can find cheap wooden or metal letters at any craft store. You can also tie various toys or baby items around the wreath.

Hang the diaper wreath anywhere you like. It's a great gift for any mom-to-be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving me your awesome feedback! Blessings!!!