Cars and Ribbons

Friday, January 27, 2012

Roast Burritos



I recently found a roast on a Manager's Special when I went to my grocery store. Of course, I snatched it up! Anytime you can find a good roast marked down is a steal of a deal! However, I didn't want to make just a traditional roast with veggies, mashed potatoes, etc. So, I searched the internet and found some recipes for burritos. I combined the recipes and used my own creativeness to come up with my own recipe. It's so simple and so good!


Put a roast in a crockpot and pour green chiles and tomato sauce over the top. Then, I seasoned it. Anytime I make Mexican food, I use the same seasonings: salt, pepper, season salt, garlic powder, chili powder, and cumin powder. It may seem like a lot of seasonings, but I only use a little of each. You can also just buy a packet of taco seasoning.


Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. The longer it cooks, the more tender it will be.


When it's done cooking, I transfered the roast to a smaller dish and shredded with forks. It smells so delicious!!!


Then, you're ready to fix your burrito. Heat up your tortilla. Our grocery store has a tortilleria and those are the only tortillas I buy. I have not attempted homemade tortillas yet, but I do remember watching my mom and grandma make them all the time. Some day I'll try it.


Fill your tortilla with the shredded roast and whatever toppings you like. My daughter likes her burrito very simple with some shredded cheese and salsa. Don't be jealous of my fancy dishes!


Roll, and enjoy!!! My picky 5 year old son asked for seconds so I knew dinner was a success.



Roast Burritos

2-3 lb. chuck roast

7 oz. can of green chiles, drained

8 oz. can of tomato sauce

salt, pepper, season salt, garlic powder, chili powder, and cumin powder to taste

tortillas

Optional Toppings:

cheese, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, sauteed onions and peppers, lettuce

Place roast in crockpot and cover with green chiles and tomato sauce. Season to taste. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours. When done cooking, move roast to smaller dish and shred with forks. Place roast in heated tortillas and add your toppings of choice.


This concludes my 5 days of recipes. I'd love to hear your feedback. Did you try any? How did you like it? Would you like to see more recipes? If so, what kind? Coming up: Valentine's crafts, recipes, and ideas.

1 comment:

  1. I'm all about the crockpot!
    Thank you for linking up to the first "Cowgirl Up!" Linky Party!
    ♥linsey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for giving me your awesome feedback! Blessings!!!