Cars and Ribbons

Monday, January 2, 2012

It's a Homemade Christmas!

I made 25 gifts plus 44 goody bags for Christmas. When I said I made, I mean I actually went into my craft room, used craft supplies, and made all the Christmas presents this year. Did it take time? Yes. Was it Inexpensive? Yes. Did everyone love their gift? YES!!!

I really wanted to put some TLC into gifts this year instead of just plucking something off the shelf at a store. I think homemade gifts really show how much the creator really put some thought into a gift and how the receiver would accept it.

Mostly, I wanted to stick to a very tight budget and still be able to give a gift to those that matter most. With all the gifts that I had to make, it cost me only...

are you ready?....

It cost me $60!!! That's it! Here's a look at some of the gifts:


Personalized ceramic mugs with hot cocoa and Christmas cookie



Dessert tier


Washer necklaces



Tile coasters


Goody bags for my kids classmates


You may be asking how was I able to make all these things on such a low budget? Before I started these projects, I was wondering the same thing. However, after really thinking about each recipient and surfing the internet, I finally narrowed down what gifts would need to be made.


Over the next couple weeks, I will break down each project and show you exactly how I did it. I'll tell you where to shop, the best ways to save money, and step-by-step instructions.



Gifts don't have to be expensive. They just need to be thoughtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving me your awesome feedback! Blessings!!!