Cars and Ribbons

Thursday, May 17, 2012

25 Facts About Me

I've seen different bloggers reveal some interesting facts about themselves.  So, why not jump on the bandwagon and do the same thing?  Some facts may be new to you, some facts you may already know.  Either way, enjoy getting to know more about me.

1.  I come from a very large blended family.  I'm one of 10 kids.  I'm #9.
2.  I didn't know how to cook until after I got married.  I just wasn't interested in learning even though my mom is the best cook I know!
3.  I didn't know how to do laundry until AFTER my 2nd child.  My hubby always did it.
4.  My maiden name is Black.
5.  My favorite color is black, but this has nothing to do with my last name.
6.  I LOVE 80's music!!!!
7.  I don't sing karaoke in front of other people unless I've rehearsed the song, which kind of defeats the purpose of karaoke.
8.  I was a medical assistant for 5 years.  My patients told me they could never feel the injections I would give them.  I was THAT. GOOD! Ha!
9.  I had an auto-immune disease called Kawasaki Syndrome when I was 8 years old.
10.  I have a skin condition called vitiligo from having an auto-immune disease.
11.  I don't like the snow.
12.  I love cloudy skies and cool weather (about 60's-70's).
13.  The sun irritates me, partially because it affects my skin condition.
14.  I LOVE performing in musical theater.
15.  I didn't perform in my first show until I was in college.  It was a musical revue about Bob Fosse and remains my favorite performance ever!
16.  I met my husband when I was 12 yrs old, started dating him at 15 yrs old, got engaged at 18 yrs old, and married him at 19 yrs old.  His age is not important,
17.  My favorite flowers are roses and tulips, but not necessarily in the same bouquet.
18.  I lived in Reno, NV for 7 years.  I miss the sound of slot machines in the grocery stores.
19.  I don't like driving.  I was in a car accident in 2009 and it totaled my car (not my fault).  Now I really don't like driving and sometimes have anxiety when I have to drive in bad weather.
20.  I taught myself how to play the piano when I was 7 yrs old.
21.  My favorite movies are Wizard of Oz, Grease, and A Christmas Story.
22.  I love to read and rarely read the same book twice.  Except for the Twilight Series.  It has really captivated me for some reason.
23.  I am only 5 feet tall and get tired of the constant teasing.  God made me perfect in His eyes and that's all that matters.
24.  Water calms me and I've always wanted to move to the beach.
25.  I used to despise doing crafts and did not like when my mom constantly dragged me to different craft shows when I was a kid.  Things have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving me your awesome feedback! Blessings!!!